News & Activities
Data Science Associate
Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences (KIAS) is a not-for-profit research organization in Nepal established by a group of Nepali scientists with proven excellence in basic and applied research as well experience in science popularization. Currently, KIAS conducts advanced research through five constituent research centers, each of them is led by full time Ph.D. scientists with several students and national and international collaborators. KIAS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive researchers and staffs and believes in promoting affirmative action to achieve such diversities KIAS encourages all qualified applicants, including minorities and women.
KIAS seeks application from competent, committed and result oriented Nepalese citizen for following post:
Data Science Associate: One (1)
- Develop and code software programs, algorithms, mathematical approaches and automated processes to solve scientific problems.
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation and advanced mathematics to analyze large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing research questions and making valuable discoveries.
- Research new ways for modeling and predictive behavior.
- Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of moderate complexity.
- Define data needs, evaluate data quality, and extract/manipulate data in a “Big Data” environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or related disciplines.
- Experience working with large datasets in a ‘Big Data’
- Programming and analytical experience in major analytics software packages (R, Python, Pearl, Linear, etc.).
Application closing date
The deadline for application submission is August 15, 2018. However, we encourage early application. To apply for this position, email your current CV and a letter of interest to with vacancy #KIASSCA708 on subject line of the email to:
Human Resource Department
Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences, Kathmandu, Nepal